What You Need To Know About The Passport Process
Yooooooooooooooo Jetsetters! Y’all passport poppin’ or nah?
How many stamps y’all got? Well, mine was full. Luckily, I had to get a new one because I had to do a name change.
You need a passport for international travel and you need a tee too. You now we got you covered!
So yeah….when you decided to travel abroad, the first thing you need to get is a passport. This process can be long, so don't wait. You will either need your first one if you have never traveled out of the country or a renewed one if you have traveled a lot.
First, you should find an office that submits passport applications. These facilities can be a post office, a local government office or a public library. Prior to that, you need to fill out a long list of documents.
This is a list of documents necessary for your first passport:
- DS-11 form – completed
- A birth certificate or any other document as a proof of US citizenship
- Driver’s license or other documents as a proof of identification
- A colored passport photo. You should strictly follow the passport photo requirements.
- Paid passport fees. You can find out the prices at this passport fee calculator.
The passport renewal process is much easier. You can just send your documents in an email. These are the documents you need:
- A passport-size photo.
- A passport renewal fee.
- A marriage certificate, a divorce certificate or other proofs (if you have changed your name).
Your old passport will be returned. In case you are not quite sure, you can stick a note to the passport that expresses your wish to get the passport back.
Alright then, if you don’t have a passport, start the process now!